- Multiple fatalities after truck plows through cyclists on bike path in Manhattan
- Who’s faster – mountain bikers or road riders?
- If You Drive Less Than 10,000 Miles a Year, You Probably Shouldn’t Own a Car
- When is it time to hang up the car keys?
- County workers to start enforcing public hours along Orange County homeless encampment
- 15 examples of really bad cycling advice
- Stance, the most impactful way to contact your elected representatives
- “Know that people that drive cars older than 1978 are benefitting from the protections that are provided by the Department of Transportation, otherwise they wouldn’t be able to drive those cars because many of them are unsafe and many of them are gross polluters.” [3:35]
- “I have a proposal just to figure this out for once and for all; we have to have a type of stage race that combines every single discipline of cycling.” [12:15]
- “I think that the mountain bike vs. road bike trope is a lot less prominent then it was 10,15 years ago.” [13:04]
- “Some of the facts that they highlight in [the article] are that cars are usually only used 4% of the time but they consumed thousands of dollars per year just in the ownership of the car. They weighed the cost between ownership, maintenance, fuel, parking, and productivity. Potentially 1/4 of the entire US driving population might be better off using ride services.” [15:51]
- “Every time I’ve been in traffic these past two weeks I’ve thought ‘what else could I be doing if I just rode my bike to a bus stop, took the majority of the ride to work on the bus, and then rode the rest of the way.’ Every time I’m sitting there I’m thinking ‘man,I could be doing something else, I could be reading a book or working on my website.’” [19:57]
- “The most startling of these statistics are that drivers over the age of 65 are almost twice as likely to die in car crashes as drivers aged 55-64. Once you get above age 75 you’re 2 1/2 times as likely to die in a car crash, and drivers over 85 were almost four times as likely to die when compared to drives aged 55-64.” [31:42]
- “It’s really not that extreme, and more I think for the listener its a portent of worst things to come if this is not improved by [enforcement]. There could definitely be a rule to completely shut down the trails entirely in the Santa Ana River Trail.” [46:36]
- “Any advice about nutrition is usually bad advice.” [51:20]