Utility matched with eye-pleasing aesthetics of the latest city bike from Brooklyn Bicycle Co. takes the beach cruiser to new places. With 3 speeds of gearing hidden inside the Shimano Acera hub, you’ll be able to go to the beach and back. The chromoly 4130 steel tubing means a lighter, stronger frame and it comes with braze-ons for adding racks and water bottle cages. Color-matching fenders and chain guard are included; commute, here you come!
Precision sealed-bearing hubs mean longevity and a smoother ride, even in the salty air of the coast. To that end, the bike has a chrome-plated chain to fend off corrosion and is fitted with many alloy components, rust-proof and lighter weight.
Style and Comfort For Lycra-Free Adventures
We’ve continually been impressed with the value that Brooklyn Bicycle Company offers, they bring stylish bikes that make cycling enjoyable, especially for people who may be new to the trials and tribulations of cycling. There is enough to think about while cycling, and having a mechanically sound and dependable machine lets one focus on the journey and destination. The Franklin 3 does just that, with both grace and style, a reliable and sturdy bike at a price that is approachable.
- Internally Geared 3-Speed
- Lightweight Step-Through Frame
- Puncture Resistant Tires
- Smooth Ride
- Paint-Matched Fenders
- Paint-Matched Chain Cover
- Weight: ~27 lbs.
- Frame: Lightweight Steel, Step-through frame, rear carrier & down tube braze-ons
- Fork: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. custom steel; front carrier braze-ons
- Front Hub: Sealed-Bearing Alloy 32H
- Rear Hub: Shimano NEXUS 3-Speed internally geared
- Shifter: Shimano NEXUS Revo 3-Speed Shifter
- Pedals: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Alloy City Pedals
- Bottom Bracket: Square-taper BSA English threaded-cartridge bottom bracket with sealed bearings
- Crank: 3-piece alloy with replaceable chain ring & integrated chain guard
- Chain: KMC Heavy Duty
- Saddle: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Vegan Leather Ergonomic Comfort Saddle
- Seat Post: Alloy with integrated seat clamp and micro-adjust
- Handlebar: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Custom relaxed ride alloy handlebars & 180mm alloy stem
- Grips: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Custom Vegan Leather Comfort Grips
- Front & Rear Hand Brakes: Tektro Dual-Pivot Caliper with Tektro Alloy Hand Lever
- Tires: S/M – Puncture-resistant 26×1.375 Tires, L – Puncture-resistant 700×35 Tires
- Rims: Double-Walled Alloy, 32H with CNC Machined Brake Surface
- Spokes: 14G stainless steel
- MSRP: $500
For Your Review
Get the best bicycle news and stories delivered to your inbox.
Delivered weekly and always free.