« All Events
Mojave Death Race
June 2 - June 3
Rules of the Race:
- Teams of 12, 8, or 6 complete 24 legs of running, mountain biking or road bicycling.
- The legs of the race can vary in difficulty and distance, from a minimum of 6 miles running up to 42 miles of road bicycling. Over the course of 24 hours, teams traverse more than 250 miles.
- Each team has the primary responsibility for their own competitor’s safety. Team vehicles will be responsible for getting the athlete to their leg, picking them up after the leg is completed as well as getting the road or mountain bikes to the appropriate legs.
- Team vehicles will also be used to provide SAG support either by direct follow or by leapfrogging the athletes where designated. Back up is provided via live GPS tracking, at 24 manned exchange points and traveling medical support.
- The race starts and ends in Nipton,Ca near the California/Nevada state line and is run through the Mojave National Preserve.